This iteration is an extensive revision of the original, which was published in 2000. Our primary audience is educators who work with youth ages 12-18. However, it is a framework and approach that is adaptable to a wide range of ages and educational settings, including:
- students and teachers in a school-based classroom setting
- home school students and their parent-teachers
- school and community gardens
- educational farms and environmental education centers
- nutrition education and wellness programs
- community and service-oriented groups, such as 4-H, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc.
- after school programs
- anyone who is curious about food, and wants to explore the varied ways it gets from farm to table, and how to get more involved in their food system.
To order a color, bound copy of Discovering Our Food System, send a $20 check payable to Cornell University, to Fiona Doherty, Rm. 169 Plant Science Building, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853.